17-18 Performance Report
- School Information
- Highlights for 2017-18
- Plans for 2018-19
- Invitation to Participate
- How District Funds are Invested
- Staff deepened our cultural competency through professional development that focused on racism, white privilege, implicit bias, etc.
- Staff continued to focus on Standards Based Instruction honing in on our shared reading and math problem solving instructional skills to support all students.
- Continued to build opportunities focused on STEM through coding activities, math competitions, Maker Bus visits, ecology clubs, gardening, etc. and by earning the Green School Award again.
- Students and staff continued to benefit from enriching activities supported by our PTA and outside organizations such as Girls on the Run, Read a-thon, Jump Rope for Heart, Missoula Children’s Theater, Tap Root Theater, etc.
- Early SBA results showed growth in most areas for students and we continue to perform above state average.
- We will begin implementing a schoolwide, research based social emotional learning program, RULER, to continue developing a positive emotional climate for students and adults.
- Staff will continue to build our cultural awareness through a book study on the text Culturally Responsive Teaching and the Brain.
- Staff and students will be using a new assessment tool, iReady, to provide data for instructional decisions, progress monitoring and supports needed.
- Students will continue to build strategies for solving multi-step math word problems as well as conceptual understanding for computational skills, based on the Common Core State Standards and student needs.
- Students will continue to focus on reading and comprehending complex literary and informational texts independently and proficiently while applying knowledge of language to understand how language functions in different contexts, to make effective choices for meaning or style, and to comprehend more fully when reading or listening.
At Highline Public Schools, one of our four pillars in the district's strategic plan is parent and family engagement. In order to reach our strategic plan goals we will form partnerships with parents and families. Families and community members are encouraged to participate in school activities and in educating students in school, at home and in the community.