We are so excited to welcome you to North Hill Elementary!
We are sad that we are still not able to meet with large groups in-person but know we will get to that point soon. Due to these constraints, we are welcoming you in a different manner this year. Our incredible Kindergarten Team has prepared a video for you to watch at a time that best suits your family.
Our goal is to have more in-person time with families during Jump Start week and during the Family Connections meetings on September 2, 3 and 7. We are assuming the area will continue to open up with less restrictions, but if the Health Department, CDC or Governor change the plans for the state we have alternative plans ready to go and will communicate these changes to you. If you are finding yourself stressed or concerned please reach out (contact info below) and we can schedule a time to talk in person, via the phone or by Zoom. We will be having Summer School at North Hill from June 28 to August 5 so I am available to meet with families if this helps. Welcome to North Hill and we can’t wait to see you in person soon!
We are excited for our JumpStart Week! JumpStart will occur from Monday, August 16 thru Friday, August 20 from 9:15 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
The purpose of this week is to:
- Welcome you and your child into our North Hill Community
- Give you and your child an opportunity to meet Kindergarten teachers and some classmates
- Prepare students for some upcoming learning- including recess and meal expectations
- Provide families with information regarding what to expect from school this year
- 9:15 - 9:30 a.m. Breakfast at your child’s color group table. You will find out your child’s color group on Monday.
- 9:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. You will leave and your child will rotate through 7 supervised groups consisting of math, reading, fine motor (coloring/pasting), and play activities.
- 12:15 p.m. Meet your child by their color group flag under the covered area.
- On Tuesday, August 17 we will have a parent meeting from 9:40 - 10:40 a.m. where North Hill teachers will tell you more about what to expect in kindergarten. This is a chance for you to ask lots of questions!
- On Friday, August 20 you will find out who your child’s Kindergarten teacher will be AND sign up for a time to have a 1-on-1 meeting with them. These meetings will take place on September 2, 3 & 7. Please make every effort for your child to attend this important week of school.
If you have any questions please contact Mandy Skey at firstname.lastname@example.org
We can’t wait to meet you!
The North Hill Kindergarten Teachers